Senior Industrial Designer
Salary $110k p.a. basic (negotiable) & generous bonus
Permanent, full time
Visa sponsorship available
A global leader in their field, this iconic brand is instantly recognisable for its prestigious, technology led products. Innovation is in their DNA and they place the consumer very much at the forefront of their design thinking. Over the years, they have won numerous awards for their product development and inspiring designs. Due to a combination of continued reinvestment of profits into R&D and growth in market share, they are looking to attract a Senior Industrial Designer to join their new product development team.
About the Company
Leading the way in collaborative and people focused product development, they are growing their highly specialist and multi-disciplinary teams. The company values different perspectives, considering insights from user experience, industry, technological advancements, manufacturers and strives to continually evolve the product development process.
As an enthusiastic Senior Industrial Designer you will have sufficient experience and knowledge to make appropriate decisions around design related topics, from concept generation and iterative development, through to part detailing and liaising with stakeholders. Your contribution will compliment a team of like-minded individuals, ensuring that consumer insights and the commercial viability of your product is balanced with its manufacturing feasibility. You will design products that are aligned with the brand values and corporate aesthetic.
Skills and experience
* Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Industrial Design
* 10 years' hands on experience in the design industry
* Proficiency in parametric modelling, both surface modelling as well as component detailing (SolidWorks or Unigraphics)
* Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience with rendering software (KeyShot or similar)
* Able to make independent, intelligent decisions about the development of a project
* Able to develop a product to schedule, cost target, brand design philosophy and quality
* Experience working with factories and leading projects from concept to production (product engineering experience is desirable)
* Good communicator and collaborator, capable of developing productive relationships
* Always on the lookout for new product ideas to benefit the customer
* A design thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
* A passion for Industrial Design and a 'can-do' approach as a proactive problem-solver
* An appetite to learn and the willingness to be an active listener, open to feedback
* Open minded
* Willing to align with the team and brand values
* Available to help others and be proactive with activities promoting office culture
You will receive the very best support and investment in your personal development. The company understands the importance of a work-life balance and goes the extra mile to create an exciting work environment and strong company culture. Attractive salary and benefits, dependant on knowledge and experience, as well as the opportunity to travel overseas. You will work with a team of passionate development specialists from designers to engineers, UX teams to digital architects, in a positive and collaborative environment. The role offers flexible working and generous discounts on company products. Their global HQ is located within easy reach of central Sydney.
How to apply
To be considered for the role you will need to provide your CV together with a portfolio demonstrating the development of your designs, from initial concept to the manufactured product. This part of the application is essential as it provides an insight into who you are and the way you think.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.