This company is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help their customers build the world around. Due to continued growth they are seeking experienced Diesel Performance Simulation Specialist to join the New Product Introduction Systems Integration Group team in either Peterborough / Leicester / County Durham on contracting basis.
This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with internal and industrial partners as well as will our India, China and US based sister teams. The team leads the development and validation of the engine performance installed in customer applications for the entire Medium Engine range, this includes global process responsibility for software, calibration and certification.
- Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
- Use simulation models effectively to solve urgent engineering problems.
- Provide engineering guidance and clear recommendations based on performing machine and powertrain level simulations
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs
- Close liaison with performance and software engineers, engine designers and project teams
- Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
- Experience with 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
- Have a high level of competency in the use of simulation and data-analysis tools (e.g., Matlab/Simulink)
- Have the potential to develop or improve existing physical and empirical models.
- Be able to lead issue resolution projects and teams
- Demonstrate knowledge of engine or vehicle system fundamentals in order to develop improved models and analyses novel concepts
- Have an understanding of underlying theoretical principles of systems simulation and/or fluid networks
- Understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real-world drive cycles
- Understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems.
- Offering up to £35 per hour (Ltd Co / Umbrella Co) based over 37.5 hours per week
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experience1d simulation / WAVE / DYMOLA
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.