My Client is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities they work in.
Their purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for people to learn, grow and progress, working with their supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we all work.
As one of the UK’s top principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
There has never been a better time to join my Clients family, in particular their Highways business where impressive growth has been seen over the last few years - achieving tremendous success with Highways England under the CDF Framework as well as the Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks.
Right now, they are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. They’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a great position to capitalise further so now is the time to join us, exciting times are ahead.
The M56 digital motorway upgrade which is in construction phase.
Purpose of the role:
As Design Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management and control of the design consultant, including priority tasks, resourcing and design budget. You will also be responsible for coordinating technical queries, their solutions and approvals, between construction team, client and consultant.
• Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
• Apply CDM 15 and principle of prevention and safety in design.
• Contribute to value engineering and buildability of the project by developing innovative design solutions.
• Ensure design solutions are produced in a timely manner to meet programme requirements.
• Liaise with the site team to provide buildability input.
• Establish temporary works (TW) requirements and liaise with site team to produce TW design briefs.
• Ensure all designs are compliant with contract requirements and works information.
• Identify the design approvals required and ensure information flow to the client, GT Team and subcontractors.
• Lead design meetings and ensure minutes are produced and distributed.
• Identify design interfaces with GT team and specialists and manage them in a timely manner.
• Understand professional services agreement with the designer and support commercial team as appropriate, especially with design changes.
• Appreciate target cost allowances and ensure designs are within the budget, liaising with commercial team to seek advice.
• Lead design management process in accordance with Design Management Plan
• Able read and interpret design and construction programmes
• Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks in accordance with programme
• Analytical with advanced problem solving skills
• Able to develop ideas and present concisely
• Excellent communicator able to engage with senior stakeholders
• Able to demonstrate commercial acumen
• Strong knowledge of CDM 15
• Degree civil engineering
• Membership of ICE (desirable)
• Design Management within (highways, rail, water or aviation)
• Preferably familiar with Highways England’s Project Control Framework and technical approval procedures
• Office 365 expertise
If your skills and experience match the description above description, please apply now for immediate attention.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceHighways, Design
Established in 1984, Anderselite are leading technical recruitment experts to the built environment.
With seven regional offices across the UK our dedicated teams are perfectly positioned to provide permanent, temporary and contract blue and white collar recruitment services to a multitude of companies, large and small, within the Construction and Rail sectors.
Our team of recruitment consultants have a wealth of specialist industry experience and are experts in their field, each possessing high-levels of market insight in their niche sectors. They work in close partnership with our clients to provide strategic support in seeking the right people for their business. Furthermore, we are committed to ensuring our jobseekers receive guidance, support and expertise to help them find the next step in their career.
We are specialists who can help make employment decisions based on job history, current situation and what role is most suitable in the future enabling our candidates to reach their potential and chosen career path.