Job Title: Architect
Salary: £38-45k per annum
Job Summary: One of the UK's leading architectural practices have won a very exciting project are and looking to hire architects, ideally experienced in laboratory and/or healthcare design to join their vibrant team. A brief summary of the role includes wide ranging architectural design, coordination and middle management role
- Achieve a better work-life balance with this opportunity to work from home for up to 3 days a week!
- This practice offers great career progression with many senior positions filled by internal candidates.
- You will have the chance to work on some of the UK's most interesting projects within the science, education and healthcare sector.
- This leading practice will provide you with the opportunity to develop your BIM skills by working on projects that are BIM Level 2 or higher. In a market where the shift towards BIM is growing exponentially, this opportunity will allow you to be at the forefront of your professional field.
- Be the point of contact for a particular work package or project.
- Involvement in all RIBA Plan of Work stages 0 - 7.
- Understand any client initiatives, project processes, review and approval procedures and assist in implementing them.
- Understand the key documentation and management tools on the project.
- Develop the design and contribute to the key project documentation.
- Plan out and oversee project assistants' activities and deliverables.
- Participate in all relevant project design and progress meetings, workshops, reviews, presentations.
- Accurately and fairly record meetings, and project communication.
- Develop design solutions.
- Contribute to ensure the coordination of structure, MEP services, specialist systems, external envelope elements, interior design elements, vertical circulation elements, wayfinding elements, external landscaping into the overall design
- Contribute to internal design reviews at an early stage and at key points in the design process.
- Contribute to the preparation of presentation material
- Be alert to commercial risks to the business and liaise with management accordingly.
- Be aware that there is a robust audit trail for key decisions, risk and opportunity, CDM design risks, changes to brief, scope, programme, fee
- Understand the resource profile and profit target for the project at the outset and assist in managing the work within those constraints.
- Adopt the company's Quality Management System
- Contribute to any internal or external audits carried out on the team's projects.
- Be aware of team structure, line management, roles and responsibilities
- Contribute to reports required by the Directors
- Be alert to marketing and business development opportunities and bring them to the attention of the Project Director or Marketing Manager
- Contribute to the preparation of bids and submissions for future work
Knowledge, skills and qualities required:
- Proven technical knowledge and experience
- Good communication skills and graphical ability
- Relevant software skills as appropriate to the sector and project
- Registration as an Architect or Equivalent.
- Software: Enscape and Revit (essential) as well as other architectural software
- 2+ years' experience working in the science/healthcare sector
- Must have lived in the UK for 5 years to achieve SC clearance or 10 years to achieve DV clearance
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As one of the longest established built environment specialist businesses in the UK, Eden Brown’s network and depth of knowledge is unrivalled. Our reputation is built on long term relationships that have been honed and developed over more than a quarter of a century.
Working from a network of seven offices throughout the UK, our consultants are niche sector experts in their respective disciplines covering architecture, construction, building services, facilities management & maintenance, surveying, engineering, interior design, and building maintenance.
Whether you are a candidate contemplating your next career move or a client planning your talent pipeline, we can provide access to the very best talent and the very best career opportunities.