Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Medium sized award winning building contractor - - 07980 006 436 / 0161 832 7577
Job Title Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Industry Sector Building & Construction
A well-established leading medium sized regional main contractor is looking to appoint a Project Quantity Surveyor to their Manchester office base.
This excellent contractor has built a track record of delivering a number of large and medium high quality projects throughout its history within the construction market .
This is a very established regional contractor with a strong market presence. A multi award winning contractor with an excellent reputation and a varied work load.
Projects will be North West based and will be within the following sectors
Extra Care / Health Care
Sport & Leisure
Residential (Private Housing, Affordable Housing, Healthcare and Care homes)
Responsibilities of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor
* Assist with sub-contractor procurement
* Office based role in Salford with site visits (Manchester)
* Measure, progress, assist in submitting valuations,
* Assist with final accounts under supervision and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner
* Assist with the preparing of monthly cost reports CVR's
* Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
*Pricing and submitting variations
* Applications/ valuations
* Pricing and submitting variations
* Liasing with client and subcontractors
*BSc in Quantity Surveying or construction related subject (could also be part way through a degree too)
* Some experience working on commercial build projects (ideal but not essential)
* Medium sized project experience (ideal but not essential)
* Experience of package negotiation
* Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical and logical skills
* Able to work accurately with figures
* Full UK driving licence - ESSENTIAL
£18,000 - £30,000
Competitive Car allowance / Company car
Alexandra Smith at AndersElite is a specialist civil engineering and building recruitment consultant based in Manchester but with experience working UK wide.
To register your interest in this excellent career opportunity, please submit your most recent CV to myself or call me if you have any questions on
07980 006 436 for a confidential discussion
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Established in 1984, Anderselite are leading technical recruitment experts to the built environment.
With seven regional offices across the UK our dedicated teams are perfectly positioned to provide permanent, temporary and contract blue and white collar recruitment services to a multitude of companies, large and small, within the Construction and Rail sectors.
Our team of recruitment consultants have a wealth of specialist industry experience and are experts in their field, each possessing high-levels of market insight in their niche sectors. They work in close partnership with our clients to provide strategic support in seeking the right people for their business. Furthermore, we are committed to ensuring our jobseekers receive guidance, support and expertise to help them find the next step in their career.
We are specialists who can help make employment decisions based on job history, current situation and what role is most suitable in the future enabling our candidates to reach their potential and chosen career path.