Acorn Recruitment is seeking an experienced Supply Chain Purchaser & Planner for their global manufacturing client. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you must have experience of working in supply chain within manufacturing. Our client is offering a salary of £31,000 pa and an excellent package of employee benefits.
* Update the plan daily to ensure best possible accuracy
* Review and confirm dates and quantities for new and modified sales orders
* Build the production plan to serve customers as requested (delivered in full on time) while optimising production efficiency
* Review and monitor capacity to ensure the best demand vs capacity balance
* Lead the weekly planning meeting and agree, together with Operations and Customer Services, on a frozen plan for the coming week; align daily with these 2 teams
* Product data Management
* Generate forecasts for suppliers; place and maintain purchase orders (quantities, dates and call-offs)
* Track and monitor suppliers performance, ensure improvement plans are in place and manage execution of these plans
* Manage inventories (raw material, semi-finished goods, finished goods) related to suppliers and value stream in scope; support stock check and validation
* Support supply chain improvement initiatives
Experience and competencies:
* Good knowledge of SAP
* Good Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel)
* Fluent English language
* Comprehensive understanding of a manufacturing environment
* Experience of working in planning and raw material stock control
* Ability to communicate at all levels
* Flexibility towards change
* Planning and organisational skills
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceSAP, Excel, Knowledge of manufacturing environment, Knowledge of Planning and Raw Material Stock Control
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.